Businesses of all sizes should establish an online fraud awareness program and conduct regular risk assessments.
Help safeguard your accounts by following these best practices:
- When possible, use dedicated computers or mobile devices for your online banking needs. Protect wires and payments by using trusted devices separate from those used for social networking or general web browsing.
- Make use of user entitlements and payment limits—and routinely review them.
- Review your accounts on a daily basis. Identify irregularities before they become serious problems.
- Use alerts to keep tabs on account activity. Get notified when specific events occur—such as when ACH wire transfers are made or when changes are made to user entitlements.
- Exercise sound password management. Use a different password for each website; regularly change your passwords; and avoid sharing passwords or storing them on your computer.
- Identify gaps in your internal security controls. Address any known gaps immediately.