The real estate market is crazy right now. Over the past year, home prices have risen by more than 13%—the highest annual gain in more than 15 years. If you’re a young professional looking to buy your first or second home, navigating the real estate market may be one of the biggest challenges you face over the next year.
But not all hope is lost: Having a financial and mental game plan can help set you up for success as a first-time homebuyer. In this episode, Bright, Brian, and Truist mortgage loan officer Evette Carpenter discuss buying a home in this hot market, including tips for staying competitive and staying sane. Tune in for:
- Brian’s 30% rule that helps you figure out how much you can afford
- Strategies for getting your offer accepted
- When to slow down and when to pounce during the homebuying process
- How to set realistic expectations and cultivate positive emotions during the roller coaster of homebuying
- How to be financially prepared to buy a home
If you enjoyed this podcast, subscribe or drop a rating or review in your podcast app of choice! Share it with someone you care about, too.