About “I’ve Been Meaning To Do That”:
More and more, we’re thinking about shaping our personal—and financial—lives around our purpose and focusing on the contributions we want to make. If you want to turn those thoughts into action and start living intentionally day by day, this podcast is here to help. In each episode, Truist Wealth Co-Chief Investment Officer Oscarlyn Elder will talk to fellow thought leaders about the intersection of your aspirations and smart financial planning, along with steps you can take to focus on what matters most to you.
On Episode 3 of “I’ve Been Meaning To Do That,” Oscarlyn talks to Bill Lyons and Kristin Beard, who work with clients on living their purpose through their wealth objectives and financial plan. They cover (time stamps are approximate):
- What wealth objectives are (2:33)
- Examples of wealth objectives (3:38)
- Kristin and Bill talk about their wealth objectives (7:35)
- Why tying a wealth objective to purpose is important (10:48)
- With whom to discuss wealth objectives and purpose (15:00)
- Sharing wealth objectives with a partner or spouse (19:41)
- How to establish priorities among your wealth objectives (22:58)
- How life events can affect wealth objectives (26:28)
- Description of exercise designed for this episode (29:30)
- What Kristin and Bill have been meaning to do (33:06)
- Ending notes from Oscarlyn (37:01)
To help you develop an action plan for tackling your wealth objectives, the podcast team has created a worksheet you can download. In it, you’ll read about wealth objectives and how to organize them by priority. Then you’ll write down some of your objectives and how you’ll get started on them.
Have a question for Oscarlyn or her guests? Email DoThat@Truist.com.